* 2 packages of square eggroll wrappers
* Corn oil
* 2 cups of mashed Potatoes
* 2 or 3 potatoes
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 bunch chopped cilantro
* 4 green onions, chopped.
* 2 lb. ground beef
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. Peel the potatoes. Mash.
3. In a bowl, mix the onions, potatoes, salt, cilantro, and any other spices desired.
4. Brown the ground beef and, as is the way in Afghan culture, add any spices or leaves desired. Recommendations include coriander and cayenne. When done, mix the ground beef into the bowl.
5. Take an eggroll wrapper and wet the ends with a small amount of water. Place a small amount of the filling (from the bowl) in the middle and fold the eggroll wrapper into a triangle or square. The ends should be wet enough to stick together and close the wrapper but not too wet that it falls apart. (If you want larger portions, use different types of bread instead of eggroll wrappers)
6. Fry the boulanee in oil on each side until brown.